Brinkworth, South Australia
Some fine needlework produced by Brinkworth members
SA Country Women's Association Brinkworth Branch Inc.
- SACWA Brinkworth Branch members are busy and efficient fundraisers who also know how to have fun. We celebrated our 64th birthday in August 2014. "Service to the country, through women, for women, by women" is our motto.
- SACWA conducts an annual State Objective. South Australian Country Women's Association and the Brinkworth Branch raise funds to assist through an annual major fundraising effort. We also give to the State Objective which is decided by SACWA Headquarters.
- The Branch donates to the SACWA Emergency Aid Fund which handles appeals for the victims of fires, flood and other disasters, as well as assisting those in need.
- Items are knitted and sewn for baby parcels, which are distributed through the SACWA State Office to struggling new mothers while Associated Country Women of the World Projects are helped through the Pennies for Friendship scheme.
- Brinkworth Branch's monthly meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month in the cooler months and on Fridays during the lawn bowls season. They include competitions, craft sessions and organised outings. Guest speakers and demonstrators add to the skills and general knowledge of members.
- Handicrafts are held on 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month at 10.30 am.
- We support the Brinkworth Primary School with art and craft activities and visit local aged care facilities.