Brinkworth, South Australia
Brinkworth Progress Association Inc.
Brinkworth Progress Association works with our community to preserve and enhance social, environmental, recreational and economic opportunities in our town.
Any adult resident is welcome to attend our meetings and volunteers are also welcome at working bees.
Our most recent major developments have been an area paved with personalised terracotta bricks, purchased by community members & a colourful children's playground at Stockyard Reserve (left).
We developed and manage the Travellers' Overnight Stay facility at Stockyard Reserve.
We have developed a wheelchair-friendly walking/cycling trail along the route of our disused railway line with railway heritage interpretive signage supplied by Brinkworth History Group.
We facilitate the publication of the Black and White Rag community newsletter.
- In addition to this we regularly arrange working bees and/or facilitate the following public events:
- Australia Day Community Breakfast (left)
- Town Garage Sale Day in Spring
- Biennial Country Fair in Autumn
- Town Christmas Party in December
- Town Birthday Party on November 11, the anniversary of the declaration of the township.
Some Progress events
below: Town Garage Sales Day
below: Hosting visiting campers on the Pepper Tree Trail
below: Fun at the Town Birthday Party