Brinkworth, South Australia
Brinkworth Progress Association Inc.
<<<Hot off the press November 5th 2019>>>
Brinkworth Progress Association works with our community to preserve and enhance social, environmental, recreational and economic opportunities in our town.
Any adult resident is welcome to attend our meetings and volunteers are also welcome at working bees.
Our most recent major developments have been an area paved with personalised terracotta bricks, purchased by community members & a colourful children's playground at Stockyard Reserve (left).
We developed and manage the Travellers' Overnight Stay facility at Stockyard Reserve.
We have developed a wheelchair-friendly walking/cycling trail along the route of our disused railway line with railway heritage interpretive signage supplied by Brinkworth History Group.
We facilitate the publication of the Black and White Rag community newsletter.
- In addition to this we regularly arrange working bees and/or facilitate the following public events:
- Australia Day Community Breakfast (left)
- Town Garage Sale Day in Spring
- Biennial Country Fair in Autumn
- Town Christmas Party in December
- Town Birthday Party on November 11, the anniversary of the declaration of the township.
Thank you to
2018 COUNTRY FAIR & UTE MUSTER SPONSORS
I would like to thank all the people involved with the Brinkworth Country Fair.
- The Rec Ground and Footy Club for letting Progress use the oval for this event.
- To John Ramm for having the oval lovely and green on the day; no mean feat with the weather we’ve had.
- To our Town Crier Graham Bales: you did a mighty job.
- To SAPOL Dixie Band for donating their time; a most enjoyable performance.
- All Local stalls and other participating stalls.
- CFS for their valuable time. They have made it to both our Fairs and we hope they will come again next time.
- The Ravello’s Circus: very entertaining. Kids and adults loved this fun show.
- To the PADARC and with a wonderful array of Classic Cars, Utes and Motor Bikes.
- British Classic Cars.
The Ute muster participation was a pretty good turnout. We have some star young ones getting involved which was good to see.
- To David Willsher for all your help and being a Judge for the Ute Muster
- All Sponsors:
Mills Freight Lines, Mid North Motor Co Clare, Repco Pt Pirie, Auto Pro Pt Pirie, Sprint Auto Clare, Clare Valley Toyota, Steinborner Ford Clare, Pink’s Mitre 10 , Brenton & Norma Hardy.
- Also, to everyone who came to this event.
It was bit of a tough time, but we had already locked in our date before the Laura Fair changed their date. Hopefully next time we’ll be luckier with our dates. But it was still an enjoyable relaxing day.
The aim of this event is to bring people together and have fun and for Locals’ stalls to make a few extra funds.
Chair of Brinkworth Progress Ass. Inc.
Brinkworth Country Fair 2018
Ute Muster Winners
Best Ute 1st Sherman
2nd Lindsay Oaklands
Best Chicks Ute 1st Chelsea
2nd Lisa Williams
Best Country Ute 1st Dave Mac
2nd Jackson Heinjus
Best 4x4 Ute 1st Dave Mac
Best Classic Ute 1st Lindsay Oaklands
2nd Alan Jones
Best Feral Ute 1st Ben Plugg
Best Classic Car 1st David Scarman
2nd Lindsay Joyce
Best Bike 1st Keith W
2nd Stuart W
Best Classic Bike 1st John Ramm
2nd Leith Button
Best Its not a Ute Kids 1st Zac Heinjus
2nd Chloe Whitehorn
It’s the first time we have had “Best kids it’s not a Ute” for the kids. Their enthusiasm was great to see. Well done Guys; all your bikes were great and a welcome added interest for the day
Also a first for a child to be in the running for Best Country Ute; well done Jackson.
A big thank you to Dave Willsher for all his help these past few months.
Some Progress events
below: Town Garage Sales Day
below: Hosting visiting campers on the Pepper Tree Trail
below: Fun at the Town Birthday Party
Thank you to
2018 EASTER RAFFLE DONORS
CAFE FOR EWE (BRINKWORTH)
JUNCTION HOTEL (BRINKWORTH)
CLARE VALLEY FLOWERS